Saturday, July 23, 2011

Library of Congress

I visited the Library of Congress and of course, it is an everlasting fountain of information and resources but my favorite section was the "Teacher" section, of course. I had never visited this area of their website and fell in love with the resources they have to offer! There are online professional development modules teachers can view to train themselves, along with lesson plan ideas for all grade levels and subject areas. I know the internet is full of lesson plan ideas but I liked how these lessons involve critical thinking and higher learning. Plus they are thematic so a teacher can incorporate various subjects into one lesson, the way I believe a lesson should be taught. Now that I begin a new adventure in middle school, I plan to take advantage of these wonderful resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment